Thursday, November 4, 2010

Newcastle Brown Ale

Ok, once again, trying something new.

It was Halloween, I was kind of tired of all the pumpkin ales and Oktoberfest that I decided to go half way normal. I went into the store and thought I would try something new. Besides it was a brisk night and I was grilling steaks and passing out candy at the same time. Kind of a feat if you ask me...

I decided to try Newcastle Brown Ale.

I don't usually buy clear bottle beers, but this beer grabbed my attention. Its soft amber color can clearly be seen through the bottle, not to mention the clearly stated awards that this blend has won over the years.

So as i get started in the kitchen i open my first bottle. Very crisp and smooth flavor. I decided to go out and mingle with the neighbors a bit. So I left the bottle on the bumper of the wife's van which was parked on a small incline. Needless to say it fell. Now I wasn't there to see it fall, but I will have to say, they sure can make a good bottle. The bottle broke like a windshield but did not shatter like a normal bottle. Just a minor case of beer abuse. I apologize.

So back to cooking I went. Steak's where on the grill after marinating for about 20 mins. Back and forth from passing out candy and keeping an eye on the steaks, I thoroughly enjoyed this beer, to the point that as I went back into the kitchen to bring in the steaks form the grill, i noticed I only had 1 more left (out of 6-pack). I was shocked, I must have been enjoying this beer so well that I wasn't keeping an accurate beer count. Luckily I did not require the last one.

So if you are in to a smooth beer with a crisp flavor, then this beer is for you. Just make sure you have enough to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment